What: Cypress Binding
Where: Your Local Arbor Dealer
When: October 2016
Why: X–Drive baseplate with 33% Glass mix, 75A Durometer Outsole, Dual Density EVA Footbed with 1.5° Built-In Cant, Wire–Core Adjustor Strap, Extruded Aluminum Heelcup, 2×4 Universal Mini–Disc, Asymmetrical Highbacks with 10° lateral pre–rotation.
- The 4 contact points of the X-Drive baseplate ensures even pressure distribution 100% of the time and a slightly quicker feel.
- The outsole provides edge to edge response while still adding cushioning and reducing chatter.
- Mixing 2 different stiffnesses in the footbed give you durability and cushioning plus the slight cant reduces ankle fatigue so you can ride longer.
- The adjustable aluminum heelcup gives you a little extra sturdiness pushing in and out of turns while maximizing adjustability for all boot sizes/types.
- By reducing the size of the disc the binding is allowed a bit more flexability in the baseplate where you need it, which helps maximize the use of the flex in your board.
- The asymmetrical highbacks fit more ergonomically with your feet/ankles for better response and proper use of the highback.
Personal Thoughts: In this day and age of snowboarding re-inventing the binding is like reinventing the wheel. With all the companies trying to make something different Arbor just tried to make something better. At first I was a bit put off because the straps were not comfortable and were pinching a bit but with a quick adjustment of the strap and it went away. Great response, overall comfort and cushioning, just take minute to adjust them properly (as you should any binding) and enjoy the ride!