Never Summer – Swift
Who: Never Summer
Where: Your Local Never Summer Dealer
When: September 2016
Why: Carbonium Topsheet, Carbon Max Laminate Technology, Original Rocker Camber Profile, Vario Power Grip Sidecut, STS Pretensioned Fiberglass, Bi-Lite Fiberglass, NS SuperLight Wood Core, RDS 1 Damping System, Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers, Sintered P-Tex Sidewall.
- The top sheet is not just there to make the board look pretty, Never Summer’s Carbonium top not only looks great but adds a ton of pop, and durability to the board.
- Strategically placed carbon stringers and pop and transfer energy towards the edges.
- The original Rocker Camber profile gives you extra float and a catch free feel while giving 3 main pressure points on edge.
- The Vario Grip side cut has a deep radius toward the tips, shallower radius by the feet and straight section between the feet. The board enters turns aggressively and then locks into you carve providing increased grip the hard you carve.
- Having pre-tensiond fiberglass around the SuperLite Core ensure the lightest construction without sacrificing pop and durability.
- The RDS 1 Dampening system and Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilizers eliminate all the vibrations that can shake your board loose while cranking turns.
- The first company to use P-tex sidewalls and they haven’t had one crack yet. Incredibly durable and don’t harden like ABS when they get cold.
Personal Thoughts: This board surprised the hell out of me. I was expecting something completely different from what I am used to with the powder shape and all. It did everything I expected in the powder. Easy turns and floated like a dream but back on the groomed runs is where I was pleasantly surprised. On flat snow it feels more like your favorite all-mountain ride. It cranks turns, rides switch, and the swing weight seems much more balanced than you’d expect. As far as powder boards go this thing is incredibly versatile and I wouldn’t choose it as my only board, but wouldn’t be that bummed if it was.